[one-users] OpenNebula and IBM Blade & V7000 FC

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Oct 25 04:19:52 PDT 2013

Hi Pedro,

I agree with Valentin in that you are looking for the LVM drivers. Please
note that there are new LVM drivers coming up in OpenNebula 4.4, namely the
shared_lvm drivers:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.4:lvm_drivers

The idea is the export a LUN (or several) to all the hosts and create a
clustered VG on top of that.

cheers,
Jaime

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Valentin Bud <valentin.bud at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> Aren't the LVM drivers [1] what you are looking for?
>
> [1]: http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:lvm_ds
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Pedro Roger <progerjkd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have four IBM Blade HS22 connected trough Fibre Channel to an IBM
>> V7000 Storwize, and we are planning to use LVM as a shared volume group
>> beetwen the hosts, but i can't see an pure LVM driver in current
>> documentation of OpenNebula, i only see an iSCSI/LVM implementation.
>>
>> Is this configuration good for implementing OpenNebula, or i must go to
>> use the iSCSI ports? Or yet someone can sugest an best implementation using
>> the V7000 though Fibre Channel?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --

> Valentin Bud