[one-users] vmfs datastore add

cosmin cucu cosmincucu at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 10:21:08 PDT 2013

Ok, that worked, one small other thing, i had to rename the ESX datastore. Other than that it finally worked.

Thank you,
Cosmin

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 7:34 PM, Tino Vazquez <cvazquez at c12g.com> wrote:

Hi,

There might be a missing step here. The process is:

1.- Create a cluster (MyCluster)
2.- Add the DATASTORE_LOCATION="/vmfs/volumes" to the cluster template
3.- Create the two datastores, referencing the cluster (ie,
'onedatastore create -c MyCluster /path/to/ds.template)

Regards,

-Tino

Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
Senior Infrastructure Architect at C12G Labs
www.c12g.com | @C12G | es.linkedin.com/in/tinova

--
Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM, cosmin cucu <cosmincucu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> FREE_MB=
>>
>> That's it.
>>
>> Cosmin
>>

>> On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:00 PM, Tino Vazquez <cvazquez at c12g.com>
>> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ok, let's try and debug this. First thing would be to make the monitor
>> fail so we get the arguments to the monitor script.
>>
>> This script resides on /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/vmfs/monitor,
>> please rename it to /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/vmfs/monitor.bk,
>> and check oned.log for the monitor fail, since it won't find the
>> monitor script.
>>
>> You will find a line similar to:
>>
>> Mon Oct 21 11:31:21 2013 [ImM][I]: Command execution fail:
>> /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/vmfs/monitor P[..large alphanumeric
>> string]= 100
>>
>> After getting the above line, the idea is to rename back the monitor
>> script and execute the above line as oneadmin in the front-end. Please
>> send us the output for its analysis.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> -Tino
>>
>> --
>> OpenNebula - Flexible Enterprise Cloud Made Simple
>>
>> --
>> Constantino Vázquez Blanco, PhD, MSc
>> Senior Infrastructure Architect at C12G Labs
>> www.c12g.com | @C12G | es.linkedin.com/in/tinova
>>
>> --
>> Confidentiality Warning: The information contained in this e-mail and
>> any accompanying documents, unless otherwise expressly indicated, is
>> confidential and privileged, and is intended solely for the person
>> and/or entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the
>> "To" and "cc" box). They are the property of C12G Labs S.L..
>> Unauthorized distribution, review, use, disclosure, or copying of this
>> communication, or any part thereof, is strictly prohibited and may be
>> unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
>> immediately by e-mail at abuse at c12g.com and delete the e-mail and
>> attachments and any copy from your system. C12G thanks you for your
>> cooperation.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM, cosmin cucu <cosmincucu at yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am using the online documentation for adding a vmfs datastore, but it
>>> doesn't seem to show the correct capacity. I think i may be missing
>>> something. /var/log/one/oned.log does not show any errors. Here are the
>>> datastores templates:
>>>

>>> oneadmin at OpenNebula:/root$ onedatastore show 0
>>> DATASTORE 0 INFORMATION
>>> ID            : 0
>>> NAME          : system
>>> USER          : oneadmin
>>> GROUP          : oneadmin
>>> CLUSTER        : -
>>> TYPE          : SYSTEM
>>> DS_MAD        : -
>>> TM_MAD        : vmfs
>>> BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one/datastores/0

>>> DS_MAD="-"
>>> TM_MAD="vmfs"
>>> TYPE="SYSTEM_DS"
>>>
>>> IMAGES
>>> oneadmin at OpenNebula:/root$ onedatastore show 1
>>> DATASTORE 1 INFORMATION
>>> ID            : 1
>>> NAME          : default
>>> USER          : oneadmin
>>> GROUP          : oneadmin
>>> CLUSTER        : -
>>> TYPE          : IMAGE
>>> DS_MAD        : vmfs
>>> TM_MAD        : vmfs
>>> BASE PATH      : /var/lib/one/datastores/1
>>> DISK_TYPE      : FILE
>>>
>>> DATASTORE CAPACITY
>>> TOTAL:        : 0M
>>> USED:          : 0M