[one-users] Ubuntu Cloud Images

Tobias Brunner tobias at tobru.ch
Wed Oct 23 07:26:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

Ok, I got this working now! Thanks a lot for your ideas... I very
appreciate the nice help.

Now the metadata server returns the following values:

ubuntu at ip-192-168-49-152:~$ ./ec2-metadata-mod --all
ami-id: not available
ami-launch-index: 76
ami-manifest-path: none
ancestor-ami-ids: not available
block-device-mapping:
not available
instance-id: i-76
instance-type: not available
local-hostname: one-76.cloud
local-ipv4: 192.168.49.152
kernel-id: not available
placement: not available
product-codes: not available
public-hostname: one-76.cloud
public-ipv4: 192.168.49.152
public-keys:
not available
ramdisk-id: not available
reservation-id: r-76
security-groups: not available
user-data: not available

Some questions regarding the values:

> local-hostname: one-76.cloud
> public-hostname: one-76.cloud
How are these values created? Shouldn't the value correspond to the vm
name I've chosen in OpenNebula?

> public-keys:
> not available
There is a public key available in the template, so I'm wondering why
it's not available.

Will the metadata server find it's way into the official OpenNebula
distribution, or will it stay separate?

Cheers,
Tobias