[one-users] Ubuntu Cloud Images

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 01:58:43 PDT 2013

Hi Tobias,

I would say that the NAT method will not work if both the metadata-server and the instances are on the same IP network.

You can try to do the following:

- On your router, add a new IP to the VLAN => 169.254.169.253/30
- On the metadata-server, add the IP  169.254.169.254/30 to the interface
- Edit the /etc/one/metadata.conf to listen on 169.254.169.254, and port 80
- Make sure your router forwards packets from your instance network to this network

To ensure metadata server is working fine, before making the changes, just change the IP address and port on the ec2-metadata script to the real ip and port of the server, and check if it returns any value.

Regards,
Ricardo Duarte