[one-users] How to exit SHUTDOWN_POWEROFF?

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 16 14:38:25 PDT 2013

Hi

This is probably because OpenNebula is waiting for a result of the shutdown
operation. The driver has not answered back, and the VM is stuck in that
state.

About the fix, I am afraid that 3.8.3 requires modifying the DB and set the
state manually. This has to be done in the XML document describing the VM.
Since OpenNebula 4.0, oned offers you a onevm recover API call to fix these
kind of issues.

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm not able to exit SHUTDOWN_POWEROFF by running the RESTART action.
> The error is:
>
>    [VirtualMachineAction] Wrong state to perform action
>
> Any idea what can be the problem and how to fix?
>
> Version is 3.8.3.
>
> Thanks,
> Ricardo

Ruben S. Montero, PhD