[one-users] @connecting vlan to host bridge

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 16 07:57:26 PDT 2013

Hi Anagha,

if you're not familiarized with openvswitch I recommend you use linux vlan
tagging:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:hm-vlan

If you start a VM with two interfaces, each one in a differente vnet, then
you will have connectivity between the two networks. You will probably need
to define routes properly though.

Another thing that is worth mentioning is that in OpenNebula we don't
recommend the use of the libvirt network.

cheers,
Jaime

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:53 AM, anagha b <banagha3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I want to communication between vms of one vlan and vms of another vlan.
>
> According to docs available
> http://opennebula.org/documentation:archives:rel3.8:openvswitch
> I can use openvswitch to connect the vlan physical interface with the
> libvirt bridge on host.
>
> following links which provide documentation  for making this setup are not
> working plz provide the links.
>
> 1] openvswitch documentation:
>

> http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.Linux;hb=HEAD
>
> 2]openvswich comaptibility layer for linux bridging
>

> http://openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.bridge;hb=HEAD
>

> Thanks .

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org