[one-users] OpenNebula and DHCP Server

M Fazli A Jalaluddin fazli.jalaluddin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 02:22:32 PDT 2013

Hi Valentin,

Your assumption is correct.

My method is to use OpenNebula Virtual Router by refer to this page [1] and
Openvswitch.

I have installed Openvswitch in the host and I was able to deploy VM in
isolated network.

I try to deploy the VirtualRouter in a virtual network.

My problem is, I cannot ping it and cannot SSH into it.

>From the documentation, I understand that the VirtualRouter needs to be
deploy as a VM in a specific virtual network and it will act as the DHCP
for the VMs in the same virtual network.
I also have included the example context in the VirtualRouter template.

My VirtualRouter template:

NIC=[NETWORK_ID="0"]
NIC=[NETWORK_ID="9",IP="10.0.10.1"]
INPUT=[BUS="usb",TYPE="tablet"]
MEMORY="512"
OS=[ARCH="x86_64",BOOT="hd"]
GRAPHICS=[LISTEN="0.0.0.0",TYPE="SPICE"]
DISK=[IMAGE_ID="24"]
CPU="0.5"
CONTEXT=[TARGET="hdb",NETWORK="YES",FORWARDING="8080:10.0.10.2:80
10.0.10.2:22",DHCP="YES",PRIVNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"ovs
.10\"]",TEMPLATE="TEMPLATE",SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="ssh-rsa
AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCk+MN96iAn4uXRieJqyJG7WY32zW0LTXJBdISdjDLlp8QgFrxOdi9Aw2+eu+QSbVHwBsqOTimpOuzknisOhD4RPCTCT7G2/xaEUxWg0AB3ySrMZC3Dv5AgBy0CikFk50/CbwBtMjj2pRINm0axfP+cUT/VBhJRAiwVe2wsIOL/t2PGOy0O8Q2zjG1XfCVZPCYPOxj9Jk0y8DoMHp0ILA6gM7hGN4CKAQiXnbjv8WD9uFpRr7eruXQUdMuPn2wnyDMcCnzUEMtPUoPIy6gyAer3biRyEQkAXNJ+R1WXvX6Ah848MTyoICoA7KKIm9e3xe/SXMJxxOPHZLWSJSIRmhcd
hpc1 at hpc-workstation1",PUBNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"Virtual Network
.113\"]",DNS="8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4"]

May I know how to actually use the VirtualRouter?

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.2:router