[one-users] Opennebula, Ceph and Libvirt 0.10.2

Michael michael at onlinefusion.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 03:24:34 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having an issue with a newly added CentOS node to opennebula, on my
Ubuntu nodes the default libvirt is 9.X and seems to work fine, the ceph
docs <http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/libvirt/> suggest things have been
changing libvirt late 9.X which might now be causing a problem on my new
10.2 nodes.

It's essentially the same issue as
http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-June/023323.html
that never got answered/resolved. The VM fails to build on a disk
mounting error which looks like it might be resolvable by switching the
command used by Opennebula from "auth_supported=none" to
"auth_supported=cephx" but I've tried looking through as many of the
opennebula files as I can think might be relevant
but can't find where this could be changed.

[root at 12 ~]# libvirtd --version
libvirtd (libvirt) 0.10.2

[root at 12 ~]# su oneadmin

bash-4.1$ /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -drive
file=rbd:one/one-54:auth_supported=none,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-1,format=raw,cache=writeback,aio=native
qemu-kvm: -drive
file=rbd:one/one-54:auth_supported=none,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-1,format=raw,cache=writeback,aio=native:
error connecting
qemu-kvm: -drive
file=rbd:one/one-54:auth_supported=none,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-1,format=raw,cache=writeback,aio=native:
could not open disk image rbd:one/one-54:auth_supported=none: Operation
not supported

bash-4.1$ /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm -drive
file=rbd:one/one-54:auth_supported=cephx,if=none,id=drive-ide0-0-1,format=raw,cache=writeback,aio=native
VNC server running on `127.0.0.1:5905'

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

-Michael