[one-users] windows vm context

Martin Alfke tuxmea at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 00:59:23 PDT 2013

On 30 Oct 2013, at 02:00, hansz <hanshizhunjob at 126.com> wrote:

> hi man,i see you are trying windows vm context?have you make it sucessful? any message? any advice?

Hi Hans,

please keep OpenNebula related mails on the list.

We run Windows 7 and 8 professional as VM managed by OpenNebula.
On the OpenNebula wiki (http://wiki.opennebula.org/) you will find a section called “Images and Stores”.
Within that section you will find a link to a complete documentation:
http://wiki.ieeta.pt/wiki/index.php/OpenNebula#Using_Windows_Images_for_new_Virtual_Machines

We only did one modification to the one-context.ps1 script which allows us to read data properly:

function getContext($file) {
       $context = @{}
       switch -regex -file $file {
                       $name,$value = $matches[1..2]