[one-users] OneFlow and “infrastructure libraries”

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Fri Oct 25 10:36:06 PDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to manage some kind of “infrastructure libraries” with VMs
templates and networks.

For example, an “infrastructure” could declare:

- 1 network called “internet”, shared between all infrastructures to have
  network access with outside

- 1 network called “DMZ”

- 1 network called “LAN”

- 1 “router” VMs with:
  * its first interface on “internet”, configured as DHCP or contextualized
  * its second interface on “DMZ”
  * its third interface on “LAN”

- X “server” VMs with one interface on “DMZ”

- Y “workstation” VMs with one interface on “LAN”

When a user instanciate this “infrastructure”:

- 2 new networks are created:
  * DMZ-<UNIQ NUMBER>
  * LAN-<UNIQ NUMBER>

- a temporary clone of “router” is created with:
  * its first interface network untouched
  * its second interface network set to “DMZ-<UNIQ NUMBER>”
  * its third interface network set to “LAN-<UNIQ NUMBER>”

- 1 VMs is started from that temporary VM template

- a temporary clone of “server” is created with its interface network
  set to “DMZ-<UNIQ NUMBER>”

- X VMs are started from that temporary VM template

- a temporary clone of “workstation” is created with its interface network
  set to “LAN-<UNIQ NUMBER>”

- Y VMs are started from that temporary VM template

Do you think OneFlow could be extended for such use case?

Or maybe it's already possible to do this but I do not find how?

Regards.

--
Daniel Dehennin
Récupérer ma clef GPG: