[one-users] updating TEMPLATE from hooks with onevm update

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 29 10:26:18 PST 2013

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr>wrote:

> I think that a hook before VM is created, providing the vm info (user, vm
> id etc..) would be perfect. But could we get the vm id is VM is not yet
> created ? (vmid is necessary to update its user template).

I was thinking of a special hook, or new driver, something like
input: the raw template of a VM to be created, the user id, maybe the user
template
output: a modified template

> I can manage for the moment this issue, I manage some things directly in
> the VM or via an external server requested by the VM at startup but it
> would be easier and better to do this directly in OpenNebula via hooks as
> suggested

That special server is something that could be replaced with the OneGate
component, once we do this ticket:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2375

I'd like to see this use case better supported in future versions, thanks
for your feedback so far.

Regards

--
Carlos Martín, MSc