[one-users] Controlling KVM VMs from network

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Nov 29 02:24:29 PST 2013

Hello Daniel,

QMP is not available because afaik it's not compatible with Libvirt, and
OpenNebula requires Libvirt for KVM guests.

However, "vncdo" should work. We haven't tried it out, but if you enable
GRAPHICS = [ TYPE = vnc ] you should be able to use vncdo.

cheers,
Jaime

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Daniel Dehennin <
daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are trying to build an automated integration test environment and are
> facing one issue: controlling KVM VMs.
>
> Looking around, we saw that jenkins.debian.net use “vncdo” to send keys
> to automated their qemu based tests[1].
>
> Another solution could be the use of the Qemu Machine Protocol[2].
>
> Is is possible do control VMs in this way with ONE?
>
> Regards.
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/holger/jenkins.debian.net.git;a=blob;f=bin/g-i-installation.sh;hb=HEAD
>
> [2]  http://wiki.qemu.org/QMP
>
> --
> Daniel Dehennin
> Récupérer ma clef GPG:
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x7A6FE2DF

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org