[one-users] Sunstone image upload not working - images not in tmpdir

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Fri Nov 29 01:54:24 PST 2013

Quoting Daniel Molina (dmolina at opennebula.org):

> Could you try changing this line:
> elsif (rackinput.class == StringIO || rackinput.class ==
> PhusionPassenger::Utils::RewindableInput)

> elsif rackinput.respond_to?('read')

This doesn't produce any passenger errors. Image gets uploaded but ...
it fails with the following message:

Error
[ImageAllocate] Cannot determine Image SIZE

It turns out it takes a little while before the image gets flushed to
disk (nfs mount) and at the moment the file size gets determined it's
still "0" bytes ... a few seconds later the file gets filled to it's
actual size ... but that's too late.

watch -n 1 ls -lrth /mnt/sunstone_upload.

I tried again with "nolock" nfs mount option removed and that seems to
help. It works nows \o/.

One last thing though. Some time after a succesful copy to the datastore the
image got removed (cleanup I guess). That does'nt happen anymore. It's
not a big problem (I can make a cronjob for that) but I wonder if it's
related to this change.

Thanks,

Stefan

P.s. Is this change also going to work on Passenger 3.0? I can test if
you want. Not that I'm planning to but it would make the code version
independent.