[one-users] Sunstone image upload not working - images not in tmpdir

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Wed Nov 27 12:27:58 PST 2013

Quoting Daniel Molina (dmolina at opennebula.org):

> Could you try exporting the $TMPDIR var before starting the passenger
> processes?
>
> This is the code that generates the temp file (sunstone-server.rb):
>         tmpfile = Tempfile.open('sunstone-upload')
>
> by default, it uses Dir.tmpdir as temp dir and this method checks the env
> var TMPDIR.  This variable is defined in the sunstone-server script, but
> Apache do not use this script to start new server instances
>
> You can also specify it as a parameter in the code:
>         tmpfile = Tempfile.open('sunstone-upload', '/mnt/sunstone_upload')

Hmm, in opennebula 4.3.90 this isn't working anymore. I have the tmpfile
hardcoded in sunstone-server.rb.

I also tried exporting the TMPDIR in /etc/apache/envvars, /etc/bash.bashrc and in
the ruby script itself:

ENV['TMPDIR'] = '/mnt/sunstone_upload (and in config.ru)

but without any effect. What changes have been made that defeat above
settings?

Thanks,

Stefan