[one-users] Member of oneadmin group unable to see user/groups

Stefan Kooman stefan at bit.nl
Wed Nov 27 07:54:45 PST 2013

Quoting Daniel Molina (dmolina at opennebula.org):
> > > Could you check this user is using the admin view, you can change the
> > view
> > > from the settings dialog clicking in the top right corner of sunstone.
> > >
> > > If you didn't change the configuration in
> > ''/etc/one/sunstone-views.yaml'',
> > > users in the oneadmin group should be able to use any view:
> > >
> > > groups:
> > >     oneadmin:
> > >         - admin
> > >         - vdcadmin
> > >         - user
> > >         - cloud

I'm able to change the view as oneadmin user to the views "admin,
vdcadmin, user. cloud".

> After updating the config this variable is populated based on the select
> option:
>     session[:default_view] = user['TEMPLATE/DEFAULT_VIEW']
>
> Otherwise the default_view is generated form the username and group:
>     session[:default_view] = $views_config.available_views(session[:user],
> session[:user_gname]).first
>
> And the available views will return the first view if there is any defined
> for the user or group or the default one from
> ''/etc/one/sunstone-views.yaml'':
>     def available_views(user_name, group_name)
>         available_views = @views_config['users'][user_name] if
> @views_config['users']
>         available_views ||= @views_config['groups'][group_name] if
> @views_config['groups']
>         available_views ||= @views_config['default']
>
>         return available_views
>     end
>
> Therefore, "update config" should not be required using the the default
> config files

I've left those to the default (sunstone-views.yaml):

groups:
    oneadmin:
        - admin
        - vdcadmin
        - user
        - cloud
default:
    - user

The unprivileged user has only one view: user. But the "update config"
is required in order to see the resources. I'm using your latest
sunstone-util.js btw [1].

Gr. Stefan

[1]:
http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/086504cc872036af2fa6ad31d76a6299d5df1601