[one-users] VM in Opennebula for OpenVZ failed

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 05:23:09 PST 2013

Hi Catalina,

please see my comments inline

Catalina Quinde wrote on 27/11/13 14:17:

>     2. Maybe you got incorrect template, try deploying it by "vzctl create" to see if it works
>
> In the process of creating the template I copy debian.conf as VMdebianm64.conf
it was not necessary to do that. It should be enough just to specify a proper value in OSTEMPLATE
opennebula VM template, e.g.
OSTEMPLATE="debian-7.0-x64"
In that case OpenVZ hypervisor should take into account /etc/vz/dists/debian.conf on the cloud node.

>     3. What procedure did you perform to get an image archive for OpenNebula out of the created VM?
>
> When I created the VM in OpenVZ node I used this:
> sudo wget http://download.openvz.org/contrib/template/precreated/debian-7.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz,
> this archive is in /var/lib/vz/template/cache. then with command:
> sudo vzctl create 101 --ostemplate debian-7.0-amd64-minimal, I created VM, I was in
> /var/lib/vz/template/cache directory.
>
> But in /etc/vz/dist/ directory is not present "debian-7.0-amd64-minimal" are present this:
> alpine.conf            gentoo.conf slackware-9.1.conf
> altlinux-2.4.conf        mandrake.conf slackware.conf
> altlinux.conf            opensuse.conf    sles.conf
> arch.conf            owl.conf        suse-7.3.conf
> centos.conf            redhat-7.0.conf suse-8.0.conf
> debian-3.0.conf            redhat-7.1.conf suse-8.1.conf
> debian-3.1.conf            redhat-7.2.conf suse-8.2.conf
> debian.conf            redhat-7.3.conf    suse.conf
> default                redhat.conf ubuntu-6.06.conf
> distribution.conf-template  rhel.conf ubuntu.conf
> fedora.conf            scientific.conf VMdebianm64.conf
> fedora-core.conf        scripts
> funtoo.conf            slackware-9.0.conf
Please perform the following steps as oneadmin user on front-end node:
1) $ wget http://download.openvz.org/contrib/template/precreated/debian-7.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz -P
/tmp/

2) $ oneimage create --name "debian-7.0-amd64-minimal" --path /tmp/debian-7.0-amd64-minimal.tar.gz
--prefix sd --description "Debian 7.0 x64 minimal"

3) Create VM template similar to one below:

CPU="0.01"
DISK=[
   IMAGE_ID="6",
   SIZE="20480" ]