[one-users] How do i know the cluster's datastore's capacity?

Kenneth kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Tue Nov 26 00:53:13 PST 2013

You can of course. But it is up to you to monitor. And using storage
on different hosts will cause the VMs to be copied via scp which is
pretty slow.

Another way to have a large storage is to remove other
drives on the nodes (or use small drives in them) and then plug big
capacity drives on the main NFS node. I mean put everything on the host
A and let other have a small hard drive just enough for the OS itself.

---

Thanks,
Kenneth
Apollo Global Corp.

On 11/26/2013 04:48 PM, 曹海峰
wrote:

> Thanks for replay!
> But if I use a shared folder ,such as
/var/lib/datastore/1/ on host A and mount it on all hosts in a cluster.
the whole storage capacity is very small,Opennebula can't use other
hosts's disk space.?

> -------------------------
>
> Best Wishes!

> Dennis
>
> FROM: users-bounces at lists.opennebula.org
> DATE:
2013-11-26 16:27
> TO: users at lists.opennebula.org
> SUBJECT: Re:
[one-users] How do i know the cluster's datastore's capacity?

That's because you are not using a shared folder for all hosts. A better
way to do it is to make the /var/lib/datastore/1/ folder on the sunstone
as a NFS folder and then mount it all other hosts on the same location
/var/lib/datastore/1/. This will enable you to do live migrations and
very fast deployment of vms.
> ---
>
> Thanks,
> Kenneth
> Apollo
Global Corp.

> On 11/26/2013 04:17 PM, caohf wrote:
>
>> Dear all:

>> How do i get the whole capacity for a cluster's datastores,
have two hosts in a cluster, every host has 100GB space for
/var/lib/datastore.
>> In sunstone i find the capacity of cluster only
display the capacity of host where the sunstone deployed.

Users at lists.opennebula.org

Users at lists.opennebula.org

Links:
------