[one-users] Contextualisation with "Upstart"

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Nov 19 03:15:39 PST 2013

The current contextualization packages are created so they work with the
least number of changes in Debian/Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS. Currently the
path for Debian/Ubuntu does not use upstart as Debian is not using it.

We are going to move the packages to an external repository so it is easier
to maintain. Maybe it is a good time to separate the Debian and the Ubuntu
packages.

Right now I think the best place to add this is our development pages (
http://dev.opennebula.org) but as soon as the new repository for
contextualization is created the tickets will be made there directly.

Thanks!

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Gareth Bult <gareth at linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu and other distro's seem to be standardising on "Upstart" and
> certainly as of 13.10 there
> seems to be an issue with simply linking vmcontext.sh into /etc/rc2.d.
> I've moved over to using
> the following script in /etc/init/ , which I'm guessing is backwards
> compatible with to at least
> Ubuntu 12.04 if not before.
>
> Where's the best place to post this sort of thing?
>
> # /etc/init/vmcontext.conf
> #
> # Create interfaces file before we start the network
> #
> description "create /etc/network/interfaces"
> start on (starting network-interface)
> console output
> pre-start script
>   /etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh start
>   ifup -a
> end script
> post-stop script
>   /etc/init.d/vmcontext.sh stop
> end script
>
> --
> *Gareth Bult*
> “The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan