[one-users] Creating images how to

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan sharuzzaman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:26:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

Alternative to Martin's way:

Launch virt-manager on any Linux system (you can install virt-manager on
CentOS)

In the virt-manager, create a new VM, customize the disk size, select the
CentOS installer ISO image, and start performing the installation.

Note where you save the virtual disk for this VM.

Once installation finish, you will have a fully installed VM. You will use
this virtual disk (usually qcow format) and upload it into Opennebula. This
is your gold image.

After that, you need to configure your VM template in Opennebula. Here you
need to define your NIC, memory, and point the disk information to your
gold image that you have uploaded. You need to know if you are using
persistence or non-persistence. Persistence will modify your gold image.
Non-persistence will create a clone of your gold image, and changes will be
written to that clone. That depends on your Opennebula storage architecture
too.

Amier, I'm Malaysian, and working in Cyberjaya.

If you want, maybe we can have a face-to-face knowledge sharing session, so
that we can discuss this further.

Thanks.

Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan