[one-users] how to reset VM ID???

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Nov 12 01:09:22 PST 2013

There's not an way to reset ID and we discourage it. The code to
generate the VNC port is

--8<------
int limit = 65535;
oss << ( base_port + ( oid % (limit - base_port) ));
------>8--

base_port is 5900 by default. You should not have problems with the
port as it goes back to 5900 after reaching 65535.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:35 AM, 염재근 <jaekeun0208 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> how to reset VM ID??
>
> I already exceed over 10400.....
>
> actually, I want to control vnc port.
> I saw the VM log file in qemu. It show me that the vnc port is same with VM
> ID.
>
> If I specify the vnc port in opennebula template, I can`t make 2 more VMs
> with same template because of vnc port duplication.
>
> thanks :D

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan