[one-users] VM in Opennebula for Esxi 5.1 failed

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Sat Nov 9 16:47:35 PST 2013

Catalina Quinde <catalinaquinde at gmail.com> writes:

First of all hello,

I do not have proprietary system so I'll only give you information I have.

> Please help me,I created an OpenNebula cluster in which I have added the
> host Esxi, I've also created two datastores, one for system and one for
> images, with features:
>
> ID 100 system TM_MAD = vmfs
> ID 101 image DS_MAD = vmfs
>                      TM_MAD = vmfs
>
> These two datastores I have added to the cluster created, the comand
> "onedatastore list" indicates CAPACITY datastore = 0M
>
> And in the path "/ var / lib / one / datastores" here are not these two
> datastores as directories.

Reading the documentation[1], I understand that:

1. oneadmin must be able to SSH ESX servers without password[2]

2. nothing is under /var/lib/one/datastores of the OpenNebula frontend
   because it's managed by ESX servers, ONE access to VMFS datastores
   though API

Maybe if you describe a little more your setup will help people helping
you ;-)

> I'm using OpenNebula Esxi 4.2 and 5.1.

I suppose you mean that you use:

- OpenNebula 4.2