[one-users] Creating images how to

Martin Alfke tuxmea at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 02:09:36 PST 2013

Hi Amier,

we create Images in the following way:

1. create qcow2 disk:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 base_centos.img 10G

2. fetch installer image:
wget <centos mirror>/centos6/6/os/x86_64/images/install.img

3. install image:
qemu-system-x86_46 -m 4096 -hda centos_base.img -cdrom install.img -boot d

4. post install vm preparation:
qemu-system-x86_46 -m 4096 -hda centos_base.img

Within image:
install acpid (needed to reboot/shutdown vm from open nebula management node)
install one-context package

5. upload image to opennebula
attn: do not use sunstone for large images copied over network.
copy image to open nebula management host (scp,..) and use local directory and image name.

hth,

Martin