[one-users] Setting the "SHAREABLE" attribute

Gareth Bult gareth at linux.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 04:16:01 PST 2013

Hi,

I've bypassed this for now by adding a line to "deploy" that says;
/var/lib/one/remotes/hooks/vdc/deploy.py $domain
#(just below cat > $domain)

And adding the python script;

#!/usr/bin/python

import xml.etree.ElementTree as ET
from sys import argv
original = ET.parse(argv[1])
params = original.findall(".//disk")
for p in params: if p.get('device') == 'disk': p.insert(0,ET.Element("shareable",{}))
original.write(argv[1])
This makes all devices of type "disk" shareable.

I *think* anyone using current versions of KVM/libvirt who want to do live migration will need this ... unless
they set "cache=none", which doesn't always do great things for your performance ...

--
	Gareth Bult
“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”