[one-users] [newbie] disk not found and need tutorial

Mario Giammarco mgiammarco at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:15:41 PST 2013

Hello,
I have just installed opennebula on a single ubuntu 13.10 server (test lab).

I have not used nfs, just local directories for now because I plan to use
ceph filesystem.
I have modified the transfer manager from "shared" to "ssh".

Then I downloaded an ubuntu image from market place. Then created template.
Then created vm and clicked on play.
The image is in "running" state but vnc console shows the bios saying there
is no hdd.

What have I done wrong?

I am also reading documentation but I do not understand difference among
"persistent", "non persistent" and "volatile" storage.
Have you a tutorial that cover "after install" basic usage?

Thanks,
Mario