[one-users] minimum version requirement for ruby gems on oned/sunstone

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Thu Nov 7 02:44:46 PST 2013

Hi Stefan,

In our quality assurance and certification process we use the gems that are
packaged with each distribution, so it should be fine if you use those
packages.

$ egrep -o 'ruby-\w+' control|sort -u
ruby-amazon
ruby-json
ruby-mysql
ruby-nokogiri
ruby-opennebula
ruby-password
ruby-rack
ruby-sequel
ruby-sinatra
ruby-sqlite3
ruby-uuidtools

You can see the certified platform components for each opennebula version
in the release notes [1]

I have also opened a ticket in our dev page to deal with gem versions when
using the install_gems tool that we provide to install the dependencies
using "gem install" [2]

Hope this helps

[1] http://opennebula.org/software:rnotes:rn-rel4.2
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2433

On 16 October 2013 16:47, Stefan Kooman <stefan at bit.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what are the minimum (and maximum supported?) version
> requirements for ruby packages on oned/sunstone. I would like to install
> (ubuntu) packages instead of  doing a "gem install". It would make
> package mangement easier for me. Currently I've installed the following
> gems on a sunstone/oned/host test setup:
>
> # gem list
>
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>
> amazon-ec2 (0.9.17)
> curb (0.8.4)