[one-users] Recover VM in FAILED state

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu May 30 03:06:12 PDT 2013

Hi Karsten

Unfortunately there is no way to manually recover a VM from FAILED state. I
assume that in you where  trying to migrate (not livemigrate) a VM and it
failed to move the files from onehost to another one. That left your VM in
failed.

In that case you can:

1.- Delete and recreate the VM. This will clean the VM state  (i.e. any
disk change for some datastores. Note, if you are using a shared FS the
changes will be preserved) and it will keep any allocated resource (i.e.
IP's persistent images...)

2.- If you want to keep the disk changes in a "non-shared" datastore, you
can manually register the VM disk image (.e.g. copying it from the node)
and start a new VM based on that rescued disk.

Cheers

Ruben