[one-users] sunstone 4.0 customization

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Thu May 23 03:05:56 PDT 2013

On 23 May 2013 11:39, Rolandas Naujikas <rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt> wrote:

> On 2013-05-23 12:25, Daniel Molina wrote:
>
>> On 23 May 2013 10:42, Rolandas Naujikas <rolandas.naujikas at mif.vu.lt>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I'm trying to customize sunstone 4.0. I created mini.yaml with copy of a
>>> user.yaml. I want to put some tabs (like vms, templates, images, files)
>>> on
>>> top level and I don't find easy way to do that. My attempt to copy
>>> vms-tab.js to vms2-tab.js (templates-tab -> templates2-tab, images-tab ->
>>> images2-tab also) and comment parentTab and tabClass properties works
>>> partially (sunstone starts to misbehavior - most buttons don't click
>>> anymore).
>>>

>> Note that if you change the file name you will have to change the
>> following
>> lines in the code
>>
>> ----8<---------------
>>    Sunstone.addMainTab('**templates-tab',templates_tab);
>> templates-tab',
>>    Sunstone.popUpInfoPanel("**template_info_panel", "templates-tab");
>>    var tab_name = 'templates-tab';
>> ---->8---------------
>>

> I did sed 's/templates-tab/templates2-**tab/g' templates2-tab.js already
> after copying templates-tab.js to templates2-tab.js.

Please check if there is any error in the browser console. I have just
tested it and it works for me, but you have to also change this line in
config-tab.js

config-tab.js:      var enabled =
config['view']['tabs']['templates-tab']['template_creation_tabs'][template_tab_name];

Changing file names of existing tabs is not recommended, unless you want to
go all over the code changing the references to these files.

Hope hits helps

--
Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013