[one-users] Image Source

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon May 20 06:29:41 PDT 2013

Hi Harald,

this is a tricky one.

There is no easy way to do this, but I can suggest two paths:

1 - The easy one (you don't care about Quotas)

Edit /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/ceph/cp and add "return $RBD_SOURCE" in
L86 (
https://github.com/OpenNebula/one/blob/master/src/datastore_mad/remotes/ceph/cp#L86
)
The you can register a ceph image in ceph datastore (type = rbd, etc...)
but select a "bogus" path, such as /etc/hosts. Let's say this produced
image number "10".
The source would then be the ceph pool ("one" by default) and the image is
one-<ID> => that will produce a source "one/one-10"
Then simply rename your image to "one-10", and there you go.
Remember to set the proper Ceph pool in the ceph.conf

The drawback of this method is that you won't have the proper size, since
the size will be the one of /etc/hosts, so it's not good image size based
quotas...

2 - The hard way (you DO care about Quotas)

Do option 1 and modify /var/lib/one/remotes/datastore/ceph/stat so it
actually ssh's into the ceph cluster and gets the SIZE.

cheers,
Jaime

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Harald Rößler <Harald.Roessler at btd.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a way to change the image source. because I have some existing
> rbd images in my ceph storage and  I want to migrate them to opennebula.
> Alternatively what is the best way to migrate existing vm's / images to
> opennebula.
>

> With Regards
> Harry

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26