[one-users] OpenNebula 4.2 Roadmap IRC Session

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri May 17 09:12:43 PDT 2013

Dear community,

yesterday's IRC was very productive. I would like to thank you for joining
us and sharing your use cases and your expertise.

We've had some time to digest all the great ideas we received yesterday,
and this is the conclusion:

* Improve the provisioning workflow in Sunstone by allowing the use of
merging templates. Sunstone administrators will have the possibility to
create base templates (equivalent to instance types) and the user will be
able modify them, in a very specific and controlled way during
instantiation (select DISK, network, etc..)

* Improve EC2 Images compatibility via CloudInit. This is actually
something that will be very useful for many OpenNebula users, since it will
allow image interoperability with EC2 and other CMPs. I would like to take
this opportunity to call upon anyone interested in helping us getting
support for OpenNebula in upstream CloudInit. The more, the merrier:
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1768

* Implement a metadata server to communicate with guests (
http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2054) and make it also be as interoperable
with EC2's metadata server as possible i.e. NAT the 169.254.169.254
address, etc...

* General improvement of hooks

So thanks again for your continuous and valuable input!

Please find the log here:
http://dev.opennebula.org/attachments/download/697/OpenNebula-4.2-IRC-session.html

cheers,
Jaime