[one-users] Clarification

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu May 16 05:57:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Gandalf Corvotempesta <
gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all,
> just a very easy clarification. Will be possible to install opennebula
> to a single host with no shared storage at all? For example, like a
> basic installation of XCP or XenServer.
>
> What I would like to do is:
>  - create a small virtualmachine with opennebula and sunstone installed

You shouldn't have a problem with this. Actually, you can even use one of
the sandbox VMs [1].

>  - 3 hosts with KVM on it and not connected to each other. All images
> should be placed on each host.

> How shoudl I configure opennebula for this?

This should work if the system DS uses the 'ssh' driver, and the images DS
uses 'shared'.

To register new images, you can use the SOURCE attribute directly [2]. Or
edit the shared stat and cp scripts to do nothing.
This will only work for non persistent images, otherwise you would need to
find a way to synchronize the changes between hosts.

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/cloud:tryout
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:img_template

--