[one-users] Monitoring error

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Thu May 9 07:36:11 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 7 May 2013 09:12, Mohammad Fazli Ahmat Jalaluddin <fazli.mmu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to ask why when a Host power is suddenly powered off or
> rebooted, the VMs shown on dashboard in RUNNING state but when I click on
> the VNC icon, an error message shown; VM is not running.
>
> The VMs will only can be accessed after the Host is powered on again or
> successfully rebooted.
>
> It is different when the Host is disabled since I activate a hook when the
> Host is disabled, the VMs will be resubmitted to any other alive Hosts.
>
> Is my deployment of OpenNebula is wrong or are there any glitches?

Maybe the datatable/opennebula info is not updated, after a host power
off/reboot the VMs running in that host will be in "unknown" state, and
they will not become active till the next monitoring interval.

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013
--
Daniel Molina