[one-users] VM state is UNKNOWN

Dmitri Chebotarov dchebota at gmu.edu
Fri May 31 19:07:29 PDT 2013

Hello

I'm seeing following interesting behavior :

I've a VM in RUNNING state, everything works OK. Then I issue 'shutdown' command from within the running OS (ie. it's a Linux VM and I run 'init 0' to shut it down), the VM shuts down OK, but the ONE's state changes from RUNNING to UNKNOWN and I cannot start the VM anymore. I expected the status to change to SHUTDOWN, which would allow me to start the VM later.

I watched 'virsh list -all' on the host while doing it, and status of the VM changes from 'running' to 'in shutdown' for about 10-14 seconds and then VM is removed from the host (I assume by ONE).

Am I missing something? Or is it expected?

ACPI is enabled for the VM and I can send Shutdown signal to the VM from the Sunstore interface, which changes the state to SHUTDOWN, but not when I run 'shutdown' from within the OK.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.