[one-users] how to use lvm datastore for virtual machine disks

Denis J. Cirulis denis.cirulis at gmail.com
Tue May 28 06:24:40 PDT 2013

Hello list,
I imported predefined lvm vg to opennebula using lvm driver and lvm
transfer driver. Adjusted HOST variable with hostname of compute node where
all lvm operations will be held. oneadmin can login via ssh without
password and is in sudoers group to execure all lvm related commands.
I downloaded CentOS KVM ready-made image from marketplace, imported with
default settings (default datastore).

When I'm trying to create template for this image I can not see where
should I mention datastore (in my case lvm ds) where virtual machine images
will be created.
What I'm doing wrong ? I see no lv-one-ID volumes in vg.