[one-users] can not create VLAN network model - sudoer & path need to change?

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon May 20 07:40:22 PDT 2013

Hi Nicolas,

are you still experiencing this? Answering your question the proper way to
enable permissions is via sudo... so there might just be something a bit
wrong.
can you try the following:

oneadmin at onhost02:~$ sudo /sbin/vconfig add eth0 100

cheers,
Jaime

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Nicolas Diogo <nicolasdiogo at gmx.com> wrote:

>  hi
>
> i am trying to setup the VLAN network option for opennebula - between
> fileserver, Sunstone, and 2 hosts.
> but i keep coming across this linux problem and not getting the correct
> permissions to the user 'oneadmin'
>
> i have cheched that i can successfully create VLAN using the root account
> on the hosts. and sunstone.
> the fileserver has the expected VLANs with static IP
>
> and my struggle is in allocating *oneadmin (*user) privileges to create
> VLAN.
>
> i have edited the sudoers file - *cat /etc/sudoers.d/opennebula-node* -
> adding the following
>
> ## enable VLAN tagging
> %cloud    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/vconfig *
> %cloud    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/brctl *
> %cloud    ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /sbin/ip *
>
> then log as oneadmin on this host, and issue the following command:
>
> oneadmin at onhost02:~$ /sbin/vconfig add eth0 100
> WARNING:  Could not open /proc/net/vlan/config.  Maybe you need to load
> the 8021q module, or maybe you are not using PROCFS??
> ERROR: trying to add VLAN #100 to IF -:eth0:-  error: Operation not
> permitted
>
> as i said, i can create the VLAN using root.
> what is the correct way to enable permissions to *oneadmin
> *
> i tried looking through the system logs for a clue but it does show
> anything
> *
> *thanks,*
> *
> Nicolas
>

> --
>  sent with Debian Linux (http://www.debian.org)
> free yourself into a safer internet
>  this message is only intended to its recipient

Join us at OpenNebulaConf2013 <http://opennebulaconf.com/> in Berlin, 24-26
September, 2013
--
Jaime Melis