[one-users] Communication channel between users and developers

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Thu May 9 08:03:51 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the tips and patience, we've been a bit overwhelmed with
this release.

We usually prefer having valuable info in the ticket, sometimes this
means having the discussion there. That way when someone is doing the
ticket has all the information in one place and can give feedback on
the evolution of the feature/bug fix in the same place.

There are other more general things that are better discussed in the
mailing list. We have changed the description of the ecosystem to
state that there can be development discussions [1].

Again, concerning the tickets and the rss. You can do your own queries
in the Issues tab of redmine and save them. After the query is made
(and maybe saved) you will have an atom link that you can add to your
rss reader. I'll give you a couple of tips for issues filtering:

  * When we are studying an issue to be added to the roadmap we set
the "Target version".
  * When the status changes to assigned it means that it will be
probably added to the next version, that is, is in the roadmap.
  * A ticket with and assignee but status new means that someone is
checking the feasibility of inclusion. The assignee guy is probably
the one to bug if you are interested in it.

I get all the tickets in my inbox but is probably too much for most people.

We are preparing an IRC session soon so keep watching ;)

Thanks again, Cheers