[one-users] Fwd: [FrOSCon Alumni] Call for Papers FrOSCon 2013

Hector Sanjuan lists at convivencial.org
Thu May 2 15:11:39 PDT 2013

FYI

------- Mensaje Remitido -------
De: "Andreas Kupfer" <kupfer at froscon.de>
A: alumni at lists.froscon.de
Asunto: [FrOSCon Alumni] Call for Papers FrOSCon 2013
Fecha: Thu, 02 May 2013 22:14:32 +0200

Hello,

you are receiving this mail because you have previously been involved with
making FrOSCon a successful Free and Open Source Software event.

If you would like to help us out again:  We have started this year's Call
for Papers/Projects. See our news article for details:
http://j.mp/FrOSCon8CfP or refer to the text below. Please feel free to
forward this to anybody who might be interested.

For the FrOSCon Orga team,

Andreas aka ScottyTM

###################################

# Call for Papers FrOSCon 2013 #

The Free and Open Source software conference (FrOSCon), a summer
conference for users and developers of FOSS, will again be held on the
24th and 25th of August at the University of Applied Sciences
Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in Sankt Augustin near Bonn, Germany. It is organized by
the department of computer science in collaboration with the Linux/Unix
User Group Sankt Augustin, the student body and the FrOSCon e.V.

As its key feature, volunteer speakers will hold a comprehensive range of
talks and workshops. Additionally the event offers space and facilities to
Free Software developers and projects to organize their own meetings or
sub conferences. It is topped off with a fair of booths from FLOSS
projects and companies.

# Topics #

We are looking for contributions on current trends and development in all
areas of Free and Open Source Software, e.g.:

- Operating systems
- Software development
- Administration
- IT security
- Legal aspects
- Desktop
- Education

Focus areas in 2013 are:

Seemless Computing - Methods and implementations of unifying your
computing needs across all your devices

Flowers for a Walled Garden - How should Free Software deal with closed
ecosystems?

Electrical Turks - Let the computer do your chores

Until May 23rd, 2013 developers and experts interested in giving a
lecture or workshop at the conference can submit their proposals. The
selection is done by a program committee early June.

# Submitting Contributions #

Registration and submission of contributions is accomplished via the
web-based frontend at http://cfp.froscon.org/. To participate in the Call
for Papers, you will have to submit a short abstract as well as a detailed
description. To participate in the conference you will also need to submit
slides for your talk beforehand.

# Language #

Contributions can be submitted in German as well as English. The choice of
language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for
presenting the chosen topic. Language of the submitted texts and of the
talk should be the same.

# Length of the contributions #

The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a precise
and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.

The talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some time
for questions and for preparing the stage for the following speaker.

We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a
justification for the longer extent in this case.

# Format #

Abstract and description have to be submitted as plain text via the web
frontend. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF; other open document
format such as OpenOffice should only be submitted after prior
consultation.

# Licenses #

We will publish abstract, description and slides on a website and include
the abstract in the conference program. We demand that you place your
contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0
Germany (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/de/) license (or a
more lenient license.)

Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution is
under this license. If you want to place your works under a less
restrictive license, please note so with your submission.

# Selection of Contributions #

Contributions are selected based on their content by a program committee.
Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions and are limited
by the number and quality of the submissions. We will favor submissions
which fall under one of the aforementioned topics.

# Other Remuneration #

FrOSCon is organized by volunteers and is mostly funded by sponsors. We
ask you to understand that we will not be able to reimburse you for your
expenses.

# Accomodation #

There will be a contingent of rooms reserved for our speakers in a nearby
hotel. You will receive details on that after your submission has been
accepted.

# Social Event #

We are planning to hold a social event on the evening of the 24th and
kindly invite all speakers to attend.

# Important Dates and Contacts #

May 23rd, 2013 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to be
                   submitted by this date in order to qualify.

June 9th, 2013 Notification of acceptance of all contributions

June 21th, 2013 Final acceptance. We ask  all invited speakers to give
                    their final acceptance by this date.

August 4rd, 2013 Last date for submitting slides

August 24th, 2013 First day of FrOSCon

Further information can be found on the web under http://www.froscon.org.

Please send questions about the Call for Papers via email to:
program at froscon.org

Contact the organizers via email: contact at froscon.org

Postal address:

FrOSCon e.V.
c/o Fachhochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
53757 Sankt Augustin
Germany

# Kids Track / FrogLabs #

There will be a separate CfP for the Kids Track, because we invite kids
not only as participants this year, but also as instructors. So-called
“FrogLabs” address young Open Source fans with playful workshops about the
world of computer programming and Open Source software. We will soon
publish the Call for Papers for the Frog Labs on http://kids.froscon.org/

--
Hector Sanjuan
OpenNebula Developer