[one-users] Onevm in Failed state

Preetham Nagaraju preetham.nagaraju at gmail.com
Wed May 1 23:58:30 PDT 2013

*Hi Sir,*

I tried creating vm, but the vm got stuck in "PROLOG" state only.....

As i have told earlier i am using 2 m/c's where first m/c has opennebula
3.9.80 in it and acts as Frontend m/c & the second m/c has Ubuntu 12.04 os
with XEN hypervisor in it.....

First, in frontend m/c i imported the *"CentOS Server 5.8 - xen" *os from
marketplace and after it came to *"Ready"* state, i started creating
template...

At the time of creating template gave the template name, set the cpu & vcpu
with memory.....In storage tab selected the imported image as Disk,
selected the created Network,....

In OS Booting tab, i have selected these things:-
*Arch :- x86_64
*
*Boot :- HD
*
*Root :- sda1
*
*kernel_cmd :- ro
*
*Bootloader :- /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/pygrub*

CPU 0.5 OS
 ROOT sda1 BOOTLOADER /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/pygrub ARCH x86_64 BOOT hd
KERNEL_CMD ro DISK
 IMAGE CentOS Server 5.8 - xen CLONE YES SOURCE
/var/lib/one/var/datastores/100/d985d5a5d29de9cfa8094ed02db3081d
DATASTORE_ID 100 DEV_PREFIX hd TARGET hda IMAGE_ID 10 READONLY NO TM_MAD
shared SAVE NO DATASTORE user_ds TYPE FILE DISK_ID 0 VCPU 1 NIC
 VLAN NO IP6_LINK fe80::400:c0ff:fea8:8ccc NIC_ID 0 NETWORK localhost MAC
02:00:c0:a8:8c:cc BRIDGE br0 NETWORK_ID 1 IP 192.168.140.204 MEMORY 512
GRAPHICS
 LISTEN 0.0.0.0 PORT 5934 TYPE VNC TEMPLATE_ID 19 VMID 34

In Kernel & Ramdisk tab, *there is nothing to selec*t.......

In Input/Output tab selected the vnc and then gave *"CREATE"* .....
template was created successfully....

After creating template gave instantiate and the vm got created but it is
going to *"PROLOG"* state only and not coming to *"ON"* state......

Please guide me where i am going wrong in creating vm....

*This the log of the created vm:-*

Thu May 2 12:10:42 2013 [DiM][I]: New VM state is ACTIVE.
Thu May 2 12:10:42 2013 [LCM][I]: New VM state is PROLOG.
Thu May 2 12:10:42 2013 [VM][I]: Virtual Machine has no context
**

--

*?** Regards,***

*Preetham. N*