[one-users] an error associated with onevm delete of persistent image

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Wed May 1 09:43:55 PDT 2013

Hi,

Let me describe an error situation that I experienced.

We are using ONe3.2.

I launch a VM off a persistent image but it fails at an very early stage (for example tm_ln.sh)
so I end up having a VM in "failed" state.

Next, when I try to delete it via "onevm delete", I have error messages that say
 Message received: LOG E 4 mv: Command "mv -f $ONE_LOCATION/var/56/disk.0 $IRP/images/837d6675a4846f2df76ebbf69d174229" failed.
 Message received: LOG E 4 mv: mv: cannot stat `$ONE_LOCATION/var/56/disk.0': No such file or directory

These error messages make sense because, the launching process failed before doing anything,
thus all of the followings
 - $VM_DIR/images/disk.0
 - $ONE_LOCATION/var/vmid/disk.0
must be absent.

I think what is wrong is,
"onevm delete" on a failed vm from persistent image trying to move disk.0 to the repository.
In other words, "delete" might not be a right operation in this "failed" state for persistent image.
I could not find a right one at least from current list of possible operations for "onevm" command

What will be the right one?

Thank you very much.

Hyunwoo KIM
FermiCloud Project.