[one-users] problem with vifs

ahernandez at tesla.cujae.edu.cu ahernandez at tesla.cujae.edu.cu
Tue Mar 5 08:16:05 PST 2013

Hi Tino, Thank for you answer, and for take a time and read a long text

I login how root in the front end, and push this command firts "export
PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME=0 ", to avoid the problem "Server version
unaviable"
next, I write you command

When I write the firts,
root at ubuntu:~# vifs --server das-vsilo23.cimex.com.cu [1] --username
oneadmin --password DataCimex --mkdir
[125]45b888649cdbdbdce99f8de78ac459c7

I get that lines:

Unable to create directory [125] 45b888649cdbdbdce99f8de78ac459c7:
Invalid datastore format '125'.

AND WHEN I WRITE THE SECOND COMMAND LINE

/usr/bin/vicfg-vswitch --username=oneadmin --password=DataCimex
--server=das-vsilo23.cimex.com.cu --add-pg one-pg-1

I GET THAT LINES:

The options are invalid.

Synopsis: /usr/bin/vicfg-vswitch OPTIONS [<vswitch>]

Command-specific options:
    --add
     -a
           Add a new virtual switch
    --add-dvp-uplink
     -P
           Add an uplink adapter (pnic) to a DVPort (valid for vSphere
4.0 and later)
    --add-pg
     -A
           Add a portgroup to a virtual switch
    --add-pg-uplink
     -M
           Add an uplink adapter (pnic) to a portgroup (valid for
vSphere 4.0 and later)
    --check
     -c
           Check to see if virtual switch exists
    --check-pg
     -C
           Check to see if a portgroup exists
    --del-dvp-uplink
     -Q
           Delete an uplink adapter from a DVPort (valid for vSphere 4.0
and later)
    --del-pg
     -D
           Delete the portgroup from the virtual switch
    --del-pg-uplink
     -N
           Delete an uplink adapter from a portgroup (valid for vSphere
4.0 and later)
    --delete
     -d
           Delete the virtual switch
    --dvp
     -V
           The name of the DVPort (valid for vSphere 4.0 and later)
    --get-cdp
     -b
           Print the current CDP setting for this virtual switch (valid
for vSphere 4.0 and later)
    --link
     -L
           Sets a pnic as an uplink for the virtual switch
    --list
     -l
           List vswitches and port groups
    --mtu
     -m
           Set MTU for the virtual switch
    --pg
     -p
           The name of the portgroup
    --set-cdp
     -B
           Set the CDP status for a given virtual switch (valid for
vSphere 4.0 and later).
           To set pass "down", "listen", "advertise", or "both"
    --unlink
     -U
           Removes a pnic from the uplinks for the virtual switch
    --vihost
     -h
           The host to use when connecting via a vCenter Server.
    --vlan
     -v
           Set vlan id for portgroup specified by -p

Common VI options:
    --config (variable VI_CONFIG)
       Location of the VI Perl configuration file
    --credstore (variable VI_CREDSTORE)
       Name of the credential store file defaults to
<HOME>/.vmware/credstore/vicredentials.xml on Linux and
<APPDATA>/VMware/credstore/vicredentials.xml on Windows
    --encoding (variable VI_ENCODING, default 'utf8')
       Encoding: utf8, cp936 (Simplified Chinese), iso-8859-1 (German),
shiftjis (Japanese)
    --help
       Display usage information for the script
    --passthroughauth (variable VI_PASSTHROUGHAUTH)
       Attempt to use pass-through authentication
    --passthroughauthpackage (variable VI_PASSTHROUGHAUTHPACKAGE,
default 'Negotiate')
       Pass-through authentication negotiation package
    --password (variable VI_PASSWORD)
       Password
    --portnumber (variable VI_PORTNUMBER)
       Port used to connect to server
    --protocol (variable VI_PROTOCOL, default 'https')
       Protocol used to connect to server
    --savesessionfile (variable VI_SAVESESSIONFILE)
       File to save session ID/cookie to utilize
    --server (variable VI_SERVER, default 'localhost')
       VI server to connect to. Required if url is not present
    --servicepath (variable VI_SERVICEPATH, default '/sdk/webService')
       Service path used to connect to server
    --sessionfile (variable VI_SESSIONFILE)
       File containing session ID/cookie to utilize
    --url (variable VI_URL)
       VI SDK URL to connect to. Required if server is not present
    --username (variable VI_USERNAME)
       Username
    --verbose (variable VI_VERBOSE)
       Display additional debugging information
    --version
       Display version information for the script

?SAME IDEA??????

48 Aniversario de la Cujae, Una obra de la Revolucion Cubana | 2 de diciembre de 1964 | http://cujae.edu.cu

Consulte la enciclopedia colaborativa cubana. http://www.ecured.cu