[one-users] How to mount iscsi target in linux container?

Albert Avellana albertavepa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:48:44 PST 2013

Hi Dylan,

I'm Albert, a researcher from UPC university (Barcelona) working in a cloud
community project. I've been testing your version of Open Nebula 3.2.1
adapted for LXC and it seems to work well. I'll be glad to help you with
the 3.8 version if you are interested, developing some parts or just
testing and giving you feedback / reporting bugs. We are really interested
in the possibility of fully integrating LXC with Open Nebula so let me know
if I we can work together :)

best regards,

albert

On 4 March 2013 15:07, cmcc.dylan <dx10years at 126.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> I use opennebula-3.2.1 now, but i'm going to use opennebula-3.8.
> yes, i use ubuntu and  have implement the basic funstions,for
> example,create/delete/suspend/resume a linux container instance.
> The questions i talked about is that i plan to use shared storage for
> linux container, such as nfs and iscsi.
>
> I think it's very suitable for a private cloud and a development
> enviroment.
>

> At 2013-03-04 16:25:42,"Valentin Bud" <valentin.bud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dylan,
>
> What version of OpenNebula are you using? As far as I understand you are
> using Ubuntu as your OS and trying to boot up LXC containers on top of
> that. Am I right?
>
> What basic functions are you talking about? Start/stop LXC containers?
>
> Could you elaborate a little bit about your setup. I am thinking of using
> LXC containers for a project also and I am curios about your setup.
>
> Thank you. Cheers and Goodwill,
> Valentin
>
> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM, cmcc.dylan <dx10years at 126.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, everyone.
>>
>>      Recently, I'm doing some works about linux container. I choose lxc
>> as the hypervisor in the cloud platform - OpenNebula. The basic funtions
>> are done. I plan to use iscsi storage as shared storage. Beause i choose
>> ubuntu as the container os, i execute command "sudo  apt-get install
>> open-iscsi open-iscsi-utils". It's failed unfortunately.
>>      when i install, it show informations as follows:
>>      update-rc.d: warning: open-iscsi stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do
>> not match LSB Default-Stop values (0 6)
>>     * Starting iSCSI initiator service iscsid
>>   [ OK ]
>>     * Setting up iSCSI targets
>>    [ OK ]
>>
>>     when i execute iscsi discovery commad, it proves it is ok and shows
>> informations as follows:
>>    ubuntu at lxc:~$ sudo iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p
>> 192.168.35.17
>>    192.168.35.17:3260,1 iqn.2013-02.node2
>>    However, when i execute iscsi login command, it's failed and show
>> informations:
>>     $ sudo iscsiadm -m node --targetname iqn.2013-02.node2 -p
>> 192.168.35.17 --login
>>     Logging in to [iface: default, target: iqn.2013-02.node2, portal:
>> 192.168.35.17,3260]
>>     iscsiadm: got read error (0/0), daemon died?
>>     iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: default, target:
>> iqn.2013-02.node2, portal: 192.168.35.17,3260]:
>>     iscsiadm: initiator reported error (18 - could not communicate to
>> iscsid
>>
>>    Does lxc support iscsi ?

> w: http://databus.ro/blog
> in: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/valentin-bud/9/881/830