[one-users] vmm driver result in shell

Tobias Zillner tobias.zillner at gmx.at
Fri Mar 22 06:37:20 PDT 2013

Hello,

my Name is Tobias Zillner and I am working on a master thesis about
forensics in the cloud.

For my practical part I decided to add forensic services to open nebula.

So i extended the onevm commad and added a function forensics. I extended
the whole way through the code.
At the moment i am able to execute my own vmmd script, in which a forensic
tool (volatility) is called and analyse the virtual machines.

But now I don't know how to get the result back to the user. Basically i
want to create a scenario like this:

A user just puts in onevm forensics id and the analysis result is shown to
him in the screen.

Anybody can help me here and tell me what funtions to call or how the way
back to the user shell works?
Does anyone have experience with adding funtions and the flow of commands
through the code?

THX!

Best Regards,

Tobias