[one-users] tm_clone versus tm_ln in shared

Hyun Woo Kim hyunwoo at fnal.gov
Tue Mar 19 23:32:52 PDT 2013

Let me ask a question.

We are using ON3.2.

In $ONE_LOCATION/lib/tm_commands/shared/
tm_clone.sh calls fix_paths and tm_ln.sh calls fix_dst_path in order to adjust SRC/DST_PATH.

I understand this is because default configuration assumes that VMDIR is /var/lib/one
and thus the FrontEnd(FE) mounts the shared storage at /var/lib/one.
But if ONE_LOCATION is defined, FE is assumed to mount the shared storage at $ONE_LOCATION/var/
and this is why DST_PATH should be adjusted.

But what I do not understand is, why does SRC_PATH have to be adjusted too?
Does this mean, even if ONE_LOCATION is defined,
Open Nebula still assumes that the IMAGE_REPOSITORY_PATH is set to /var/lib/one/images
while the shared storage is actually mounted on $ONE_LOCATION/var/?

If that is the case, why does tm_ln.sh not call fix_paths?

Thanks in advance
Hyunwoo
FermiCloud Project