[one-users] Info about one.vm.resize in upcoming 4.0

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Thu Mar 7 20:52:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I noticed the one.vm.resize call in the upcoming 4.0. Can you provide a
little more information about how this is going to work?

Currently I am relying on the VM ID to account my clients for each of their
VM usages (according to the CPU, MEMORY,  VCPU). Those attributes are
checked only the first time I am seeing a new VM ID cause I assume that
this information will not change for the lifetime of the VM (the lifetime
of that VM ID).

When the user submit a one.vm.resize call, the information is updated in
the template and the VM rescheduled? The VM will be rescheduled with the
same VM ID?

Another thought, why doesn't the one.vm.resize call takes a template ID as
parameter instead of explicit CPU, MEMORY and VCPU? In my case the CPU,
MEMORY and VCPU are restricted attributes, I want my users to conform to
the templates I provide.

Thanks

Simon