[one-users] ONE 3.8.3 Sunstone and VM logs

Wade Fields wade at sitegenie.com
Thu Mar 7 17:49:39 PST 2013

Hello,
I upgraded via packages to 3.8.3 from 3.8.1 and it appears Sunstone is
looking in a different location for the vm logs. What controls where
these logs are written? The new location Sunstone is looking is
LOG_LOCATION + "/vms/#{id}.log" but the vm's are still logging to
LOG_LOCATION + "/#{id}.log". I can't seem to find where to change this
so one and sunstone agree on a log location. Is this a bug in the
packages or am I missing a configuration option? I've also noticed that
contextualization isn't working since the upgrade to 3.8.3, I'm unsure
of where to start looking on that.

Package list on the management/sunstone/front-end node:
dpkg -l | grep openneb
ii  libopennebula-java               3.8.3-1 Java bindings for
OpenNebula Cloud API (OCA)
ii  libopennebula-java-doc           3.8.3-1 Java bindings for
OpenNebula Cloud API (OCA) - documentation
ii  opennebula                       3.8.3-1 controller which executes
the OpenNebula cluster services
ii  opennebula-common                3.8.3-1 empty package to create
OpenNebula users and directories
ii  opennebula-sunstone              3.8.3-1 web interface to which
executes the OpenNebula cluster services
ii  opennebula-tools                 3.8.3-1 Command-line tools for
OpenNebula Cloud
ii  ruby-opennebula                  3.8.3-1 Ruby bindings for
OpenNebula Cloud API (OCA)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Thanks,
Wade