[one-users] about ACL

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Jun 13 02:35:26 PDT 2013

Hi,

I don't know what might be failing here. I just tested it, with these acl
rules:

$ oneacl list
   ID     USER RES_VHNIUTGDCO   RID OPE_UMAC
    0       @1     V-NI-T----     *     ---c
    1       @1     -H--------     *     -m--
    2        *     ---------O     *     ---c
    3       @1     V---------     *     u---

And when a user tries to perform any manage operation on another user's VM,
from the CLI or from sunstone, this error is returned:
[VirtualMachineAction] User [2] : Not authorized to perform MANAGE VM [2].

Let's confirm some things first:
- Users and VMs are in the 'users' (1) group.
- VMs do not have MANAGE permissions set with chmod (onevm show gives this
information)
- oned.conf does not have an AUTH_MAD/authz defined [1]. Note the Z.
- Can you paste the output of 'oneacl list -x'?
- Just to be sure, check that the operation is actually requested as the
user logged in. In /var/log/one/oned.log, you should see the UID of each
request, like
Req:1792 UID:2 VirtualMachineAction invoked, "delete", 4

Regards

[1]
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:oned_conf#auth_manager_configuration

--