[one-users] Authorization for files datastore

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Jun 6 05:42:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

The problem here is that the error message is not clear enough.

Two images cannot have the same name if they are owned by the same user. So
when you use IMAGE="test", that means you are requesting the image with
that name and owned by the user doing the request [1].

If you want to use an image owned by other user, the name is not enough to
identify it, because there could be more than one. This is why you need to
add the owner of the image (with _uname or _uid), or set the image_id
directly.

The error message should be something like Cannot get image named "test"
owned by user <id>. We already have a ticket to change this [2].

Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:template#context_section
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2093

--