[one-users] EC2 queries without having AWS account...

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Jun 5 03:03:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

On 4 June 2013 10:21, Andranik Hayrapetyan <andranik.h89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I am trying to configure and use OpenNebula econe-server.
> I have read here http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:ec2g that to
> query the server I *must *have AWS account. So what is the meaning of
> having ec2 on openNebula if I must have AWS account.
> May be I get something wrong?

That guide is to configure a hybrid cloud deployment. In this kind of
deployment you use OpenNebula to create new instances in Amazon EC2,
therefore you can use the EC2 resources just creating a new host in you
OpenNebula deployment.

User -> OpenNebula -> EC2

> And also, I will like to understand is there a way to query my local
> images with EC2 query, and what I need to have on client side?

What you are looking for is the econe-server [1], this server expose the
EC2 query interface on top OpenNebula enabling a Public Cloud scenario.

User -> econe-server (EC2 API) -> OpenNebula

You can list, create and manage your images, instances ... through the EC2
API, and for this task you can use any of the available clients supporting
the EC2 API [2]:
  * econe tools (distributed with OpenNebual) [3]
  * euca2ools
  * hybridfox

Hope this helps

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:ec2qcg