[one-users] opennebula and ceph authentication

Campbell, Bill bcampbell at axcess-financial.com
Mon Jun 3 06:56:35 PDT 2013

>From what I understand you want to be sure to have authentication enabled
when you first configure the cluster.  I *believe* you can turn it on
afterwards, but I had trouble doing so (to be honest I haven't attempted
this on the Bobtail and up release of Ceph, as we use Cephx authentication
by default anyway).

What you want to be sure if cephx authentication is on is to copy the
contents of /etc/ceph (particularly the ceph.conf and the ceph.keyring)
from the ceph cluster to the hypervisor node, and be sure that it is
readable by the oneadmin user or group.  What we do is copy the file over
to the hypervisor, change ownership to root.oneadmin, and change
permissions to 640.  Try that and see if it helps get the VM to boot.