[one-users] 4.2 VMware Driver

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 19 09:26:28 PDT 2013

Hi

> Do you already have an idea if it will be possible to use VMware hosts
without touching the ESXi SSH console?

ESXi management requires SSH, a second step in our roadmap is to develop a
separate set of drivers to interact with vcenter. In that case, we will not
require SSH.

Cheers
Ruben

> Regards,
> Ricardo
>
> ________________________________
> From: rsmontero at opennebula.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:14:17 +0200
> Subject: Re: [one-users] 4.2 VMware Driver
> To: rjtd21 at hotmail.com
> CC: users at lists.opennebula.org
>

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> Yes, the overall strategy is get rid of libvirt, we are making the
transition in two steps. 4.2 uses rvmomi + vmware tools for storage,
networking, and monitoring.

> VirtualMachine management, uses both, libvirt to define the guest and
basic operations; while rvmomi is used just for attachnic and reconfigure
the guest.

> In the next version 4.4, we will re-implement the other functions...
>
> Cheers
>
> Ruben
>

> On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM, Ricardo Duarte <rjtd21 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> As the new 4.2 release uses RbVmomi, why is there still the need for
Libvirt?
>> Also, why is there still a need for adding the oneadmin and keysto the
ESXi hosts?