[one-users] 4.2 VMware Driver

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Jul 19 02:14:17 PDT 2013

Hi Ricardo,

Yes, the overall strategy is get rid of libvirt, we are making the
transition in two steps. 4.2 uses rvmomi + vmware tools for storage,
networking, and monitoring.

VirtualMachine management, uses both, libvirt to define the guest and basic
operations; while rvmomi is used just for attachnic and reconfigure the
guest.

In the next version 4.4, we will re-implement the other functions...

Cheers

Ruben